Nothing is more stressful than being prosecuted for a sex crime in California. A conviction for most sex crimes results in a lengthy jail sentence and the requirement to register as a sex offender for life. Many sex crime prosecutions involve family members and these allegations often tear families apart. Lapine & Forsse are highly experienced in defending sex crimes in both criminal and juvenile courts.
Most sex crime cases are defensible. The reality is that in the majority of sex cases the alleged victim is the only witness. Thorough investigation and careful analysis of the case can raise issues prior to trial that lead to a reduction or dismissal of the charges. A conviction for a sex crime can lead to loss of freedom and a lifetime of shame.
Common Sex Crimes:
- Lewd Act on a Child (Penal Code 288)
- Child Annoying/Child Molest (Penal Code 647.6)
- Solicitation of Prostitution (Penal Code 647(b))
- Indecent Exposure (Penal Code 314)
- Possession of Child Pornography (Penal Code 311)
- Unlawful Sex with a Minor/Statutory Rape (Penal Code 261.5)
- Rape (Penal Code 261)
- Prostitution (Penal Code 647(b))
- Sexual Battery (Penal Code 243.4)
- Sodomy by Force (Penal Code 286)
- Failure to Register (Penal Code 290)