Riverside Probation Violation Attorney

Picture of judge signing a documentIf you are convicted of a crime in California the Judge usually sentences you to a probation term of 3 years. Formal or felony probation requires checking in with a probation officer and you can face a long jail or prison sentence if you violate this type of probation. Informal or summary probation is typically granted in misdemeanor cases. Violations of probation should always be taken seriously because courts become increasingly impatient with defendants who don’t follow court orders and jail time is always a possibility in these cases.

Often times our clients were facing severe hardships in their lives at the time they violated their probation. At Lapine & Forsse we take the time to get to know you and all of the issues surrounding your probation violation and we enter the courtroom prepared to make the best possible arguments on your behalf.